The Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC) is an association of museums, primarily in the Southeastern United States, including: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.
Among their reciprocal members, you will find institutions geared towards history, art, culture, anthropology, geology, gardens, and more!
There are quite a few museum locations on this list that I haven’t yet seen on other lists. So, if anything interests you, be sure to check out this membership package as a GREAT tool to enhance YOUR family’s travels!
UPON PRESENTATION OF YOUR INSTITUTION’S MEMBERSHIP CARD YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- FREE admission during regular museum hours
- The same discount in the gift shop and café as those offered members of that museum
- The same discount on purchases made on the premises for concert and lecture tickets, as those offered members of that museum
There are some exclusions to these benefits on the member list below. Such as some cafes or gift shops that do not offer discounts. Please look through the official links we have provided, and/or call ahead to verify the level of benefits you will receive.
Reciprocal privileges do not include receiving mailings from any of the participating museums except for the museum with which the member is affiliated.
- List Subject to change without notice.
- Museums may temporarily suspend reciprocal program during special exhibitions.
- Call before you go. Some museums do not honor SERM benefits from other local museums. There ARE geographic restrictions between certain locations within a reasonable distance from each other. There ARE other exclusions. Also, verify your party size covered by your membership, versus the number of people who may be covered by the free admission when you are visiting.
Step 1: Check out our list below for informational purposes! Click on the Attraction Name for more details about the Museum, or click on the City / State to find other AWESOME family-friendly activities in that area!
Step 2: Make sure you get the official scoop by reading through the Official SERM / SEMC Reciprocal Membership Program details here!
Step 3: Support YOUR local, participating SERM-affiliated Museum by purchasing a Membership Package!
Step 4: Get your Offical SERM-affiliated Reciprocal Membership Card and prepare to bring it, along with your photo ID, when you travel!
Step 5: Don’t forget to call ahead to ensure the Museum you’d like to visit is still currently and actively offering free admission to members of this program. Rules and participation can and will change throughout the year!
Step 6: ENJOY!
SPGFAN FINE PRINT:
We do everything we can to ensure all information provided is current and up-to-date, but details, rules, policies, conditions, schedules, prices, and participation can and do change regularly, and you should ALWAYS contact or consult with each individual attraction to ensure the latest accuracy of details pertinent to your family’s travel needs.
We always do our best, but we cannot be responsible for changes or updates issued by the locations themselves.
Thanks for understanding!
And have fun!