Alaska is vast wilderness, and it is simply stunning! Every last bit of it!
Mountains, wildlife, indigenous culture..
Hiking, Northern Lights…
Dancing on Glaciers. Exploring old mines.
Running through fields of Fireweed.
Barking with the Sled Dogs!
We spent several months in Alaska in 2018, and hope to share all our adventures with you!
So check out The TOP State Family-Friendly HOTSPOTS in the list below!
And click on any link to learn more about each attraction or city!
Got any favorites? See anything we missed?
Leave your feedback in the comment section below!
Oh, and if you are interested, check out
ALL of Our Family’s Adventures in Alaska!
How to Use This List:
Click the State Name to go to the Full SPGFAN State Page
The First Set of Cities are the Major Cities of Each State
The Second Set of Cities are Other Great Destination Ideas in That State
Next is a link to ALL the State Parks in Each State
Then Links to National Parks in Each State
A Collection of Top, Favorite, Recommended Destinations in Each State!
For ALL the things to to do in each city, not just our favorites, be sure to click through to the city links that accompany each suggestion! These lists below are highlights for each state, but the city links will take you to more extensive lists of attractions, shopping, dining, and lodging for each area!
Not all links will be active right away, but we are working as fast as we can to put it all together for you!
BOOKMARK this page!
SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Barrow Chicken Deadhorse Delta Junction Denali Park Eagle Girdwood Haines Homer Hope Hyder Kenai Ketchikan Kodiak Kotzebue Nome North Pole Palmer Seward Sitka Skagway Sodoltna Talkeetna Tok Valdez Wasilla Whittier Wrangell
- Alaska Public Lands Information Center (Hub for Several Junior Ranger Programs)
- Beluga Point on the Turnagin Arm
- Turnagin Arm
- Turnagin Arm Scenic Drive
- Alaska Zoo
- Alaska Wild Berry Products
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (Girdwood, AK)
- Chugach State Park
- Campbell Creek Science Center
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Anchorage Museum
- Alaska Museum of Science and Nature
- Alaska Aviation Museum
- Potter Marsh Bird Sanctuary
- Potter Marsh Wildlife Viewing Boardwalk
- Alaska Botanical Garden
- Eagle River Nature Center (Eagle River, AK)
- Alaska Wild Berry Products
- The Ulu Factory
- Alaska Mint
- Morris Thompson Cultural & Visitors Center
- Pioneer Park
- Fairbanks Children’s Museum
- Chena Hot Springs
- Chena River State Recreation Site
- Chena River State Recreation Area
- Chena Indian Village
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Museum of the North
- Geophysical Institute
- Alaska Volcano Observatory
- Georgeson Botanical Garden
- Great Alaskan Bowl Company
- Fairbanks Ice Museum
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum
- Gold Dredge No. 8
- Alaska Pipeline Viewing Point
- Paws for Adventure Dog Sledding Experience
- Creamer’s Field Migratory Wildfowl Refuge
- Wedgewood Wildlife Sanctuary
- Yukon Quest Office and Gift Shop
- Riverboat Discovery Cruise
- North Pole
- Tongass National Forest
- Admiralty Island National Monument
- Alaska State Capitol
- Alaska Governor’s Mansion
- Juneau Harbor
- Alaska State Museums
- Sealaska Heritage Institute
- Valdez Harbor
- Solomon Gulch Waterfall
- Solomon Gulch Fish Hatchery
- Salmon Viewing at Solomon Gulch
- Sea Lion Viewing at Solomon Gulch
- Chugach National Forest Crooked Creek Information Center
- Salmon Viewing Platform at Chugach National Forest Crooked Creek Information Center
- Waterfall Behind Chugach National Forest Crooked Creek Information Center
Check Out The TOP Family-Friendly HOTSPOTS in ALL 50 US States!
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from your purchases at no extra cost to you. These commissions help keep SPGFAN rolling! THANK YOU!!