Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (IN) – Available at the Dorothy Buell Memorial Visitor Center (DBMVC)
• Beachcombers — for families just spending a day at the beach. Bring this booklet to the DBMVC to receive your junior ranger badge.
• Maple Sugar Time — for children learning about the maple sugaring process in March.
- Wilderness Ranger Program – Complete the Wilderness Ranger booklet during an overnight backcountry stay. Upon completion, youth will receive a Wilderness Ranger badge.
- Explorer Ranger Program – If you are 18 or older, and the kind of person who never gets tired of learning, then Monocacy National Battlefield has a challenge for you! Become an Explorer Ranger.
You will learn about the cultural and natural history of Monocacy National Battlefield, one of America’s 417 National Parks. Explore the park to learn about the Battle of Monocacy or discover the beauty of nature while hiking a battlefield trail.
- Junior Birder Program – Do you have a little amateur naturalist in your family? We’ve got just the thing for you. Ask for a Junior Birder booklet at the front desk and start discovering the birds of Palo Alto. Be sure to ask about earning a patch for completing the booklet.
- Theodore Roosevelt and His Sagamore Hill Home – Covers general information about TR and is best completed after a tour of the Roosevelt home.
- Theodore Roosevelt Museum History Hunt – Kids complete a scavenger hunt based on the exhibits at the Old Orchard Museum. Ask for the activity at the front desk of the museum.
- The Wonderbook of Nature – Covers the natural setting of Sagamore Hill and requires the close observation of the site’s plants and animals.
Additional Junior Ranger activities may be available based around special exhibits and events. Ask a ranger about special activities in addition to those listed above!
- Bunny Ranger Program (Ages 4-7) – Sagamore Hill also offers a Bunny Ranger activity for children ages 4-7. Ask for the booklet at the Old Orchard Museum and earn a special badge!
Yellowstone National Park (ID MT WY)
- Yellowstone Winter Junior Ranger – Visit Yellowstone in winter and participate in the Junior Ranger program to earn a snowflake patch. Some winter activities require the use of a thermometer and hand lens, so ask to check out a Junior Ranger snowpack. Snowpacks are available at both the Albright and Old Faithful visitor centers, and snowshoes may be checked out at the Albright Visitor Center.