As a member of a science center or museum participating in the ASTC Travel Passport Program, you are eligible for benefits such as free general admission when you travel outside of your local area. Local restrictions apply (see exclusions and list of participating venues below).
Before you travel…
- Make sure the science center or museum you are visiting is not excluded. Local exclusions apply (see below).
- Review that science center or museum’s family admittance policy. Download the list of participating venues below and call before you visit to confirm your Passport Program benefits.
- Pack your ID (or other proof of residence). Admissions staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for benefits to apply. Science centers and museums requesting proof of residence are marked by (✓IDs).
- Pack your membership card. Participating venues are not required to grant benefits to visitors who forget their cards. There is no universal database with all Passport Program visitors’ member data and expiration dates for admission staff to reference. Some venues will allow you to call the science center or museum you joined to confirm your membership, but they are under no obligation to do so. Lost your card? Please contact the science center or museum which you joined. ASTC does not issue or administer membership cards.
- Science centers & museums located within 90 miles* of the science center or museum where you are a member.
- Science centers & museums located within 90 miles* of your residence.
*This distance is measured “as the crow flies”, meaning that it is based on the linear radius, not driving distance.
Check out our list below for informational purposes! Click on the Attraction Name for more details about the Museum or Institution, or click on the City / State to find other AWESOME family-friendly activities in that area!
Each organization listed has their own fine print and limitations, including details on how many people per household are eligible for free admission, or whether or not special exhibits will incur additional admission charges.
Open up the Official ASTC Travel Passport Program List, to view these limitations!
SPGFAN FINE PRINT:
We do everything we can to ensure all information provided is current and up-to-date, but details, rules, policies, conditions, schedules, prices, and participation can and do change regularly, and you should ALWAYS contact or consult with each individual attraction to ensure the latest accuracy of details pertinent to your family’s travel needs.
We always do our best, but we cannot be responsible for changes or updates issued by the locations themselves.
Thanks for understanding!
And have fun!