Our family has visited over 330 National Parks!
Check out our National Treasures Mini Blog!
On this list below, you will find over 350 Junior Ranger Booklets directly linking to a pdf version you can download and complete in the comfort of your own home!
Then, just mail your completed book in to receive a REAL certificate and badge!
And, best of all, IT’S FREE!
National Junior Ranger Program Booklets **
World Heritage Junior Ranger Program – Coming September 2019
** These programs are only available in certain parks. On hand supplies of books and badges may be limited. SPGFAN recommends verifying badges are in stock before visiting or mailing your completed books to a specific park.
Individual Park Listings for Junior Ranger Programs
Most National Park units have programs available onsite. However, we have compiled a list of parks that have Junior Ranger Programs available online. Each link below will take you directly to the pdf version of the actual Junior Ranger Activity Book.
Many of these parks will allow you to redeem your completed booklet via mail for your badge. Others may require an actual park visit to earn the badge. Please verify directly with each park on their individual requirements.
As of 2019, many parks are revising Junior Ranger Programs to be more accessibility compliant. Check back for more links as parks update their online program links!
Appalachian National Scenic Trail in Harpers Ferry (CT GA MA MD ME NC NH NJ NY PA TN VA VT WV)
Appalachian National Scenic Trail Adventure Guide for Teens – The Appalachian Trail Along the Blue Ridge Parkway (CT GA MA MD ME NC NH NJ NY PA TN VA VT WV)
Appalachian National Scenic Trail Adventure Guide for Teens – The Appalachian Trail in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (CT GA MA MD ME NC NH NJ NY PA TN VA VT WV)
Arches National Park (UT)
Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail (DC DE MD NY PA VA)
Chesapeake Bay (DC MD NY PA VA WV)
Cumberland Gap National Historical Park (KY TN VA)
Death Valley National Park (CA NV)
Dinosaur National Monument (CO UT)
Fort Washington Park (MD)
Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail (ID IL IA KS MO MT NE ND OR SD WA)
President’s Park (DC)
Santa Fe National Historic Trail (CO KS MO NM OK)
Trail of Tears National Historic Trail (AL AR GA IL KY MO NC OK TN)
Other Printable Educational Resources for National Parks!
Other Unique Badges and Honors to Earn!
Fort Frederica Master Junior Ranger
Complete Fort Frederica’s Junior Ranger Challenge plus the Underwater Explorer and Junior Archaeologist Programs and you will receive three badges plus a Fort Frederica Master Junior Ranger Patch.
South Florida Trifecta National Park Patch
Earn your badges at Biscayne National Park, Everglades National Park, and Big Cypress National Preserve to earn your South Florida National Park Trifecta Honors!
Junior Civil War Historian Patch
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania Rocker Patch Set
Gateway National Recreation Area Patch and Badge Trio
Gateway NRA has 3 separate Junior Ranger Programs to earn, with a badge and a patch for each unit! Staten Island Junior Ranger Program, Sandy Hook Junior Ranger Program, and Jamaica Bay Junior Ranger Program! (Staten Island and Sandy Hook not currently available online.)
Hawai’i Island National Parks Junior Ranger Adventure Program
Use the Hawai‘i Island Junior Ranger Adventure Book to earn up to five Junior Ranger badges and great Junior Ranger awards as you explore, learn, and protect the magnificent Hawai‘i Island parks! Complete ALL of the activity pages for any given park and you will receive a badge for that park and special Junior Ranger awards. The more park badges you earn, the higher the level of awards you will receive!
Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail
Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park
Pu‘uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park
Pu‘ukoholā Heiau National Historic Site
Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail Junior Ranger Program
As you earn your Junior Ranger badges in the National Parks that interpret the Southern Campaign of the American Revolution, and you can also participate in the Overmountain Victory Junior Ranger Program!
King’s Mountain National Military Park (SC)
Cowpens National Battlefield (SC)
Ninety Six National Historic Site (SC)
Arizona Explorer Junior Ranger Program
The Arizona Explorer Junior Ranger Program, introduced in 2018, allows junior rangers the opportunity to explore all 22 parks and monuments in Arizona. Discover what links each park together and what makes them all unique. Ask about this program in an Arizona NPS visitor center.
Oklahoma Outdoor Ranger
Challenge yourself to the next level by earning your OK Outdoor Ranger Badge. After coming to Oklahoma City National Memorial, visit the two other National Park sites in Oklahoma; Washita Battlefield National Historic Site and Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Complete the appropriate sections of the Oklahoma Outdoor Ranger booklet along the way and, once you are finished, you will earn a special badge!
Sagamore Hill Junior Ranger Patch
Any Junior Ranger completing three or more activities will earn a special Sagamore Hill Junior Ranger Patch!
Thomas Edison NHP Junior Ranger Badge and Patch
Successful Junior Rangers will take the official Junior Ranger pledge and receive a Junior Ranger badge. Work hard like Thomas Edison, complete the Bonus Questions and attend a Ranger led talk to also receive the Thomas Edison National Historical Park patch
Other Parks with Junior Ranger Programs, Not in the NPS System
Junior Ranger Apps for iPhones and iPads!
Other Unique Programs Available Only Onsite
Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (IN) – Available at the Dorothy Buell Memorial Visitor Center (DBMVC)
• Beachcombers — for families just spending a day at the beach. Bring this booklet to the DBMVC to receive your junior ranger badge.
• Maple Sugar Time — for children learning about the maple sugaring process in March.
- Wilderness Ranger Program – Complete the Wilderness Ranger booklet during an overnight backcountry stay. Upon completion, youth will receive a Wilderness Ranger badge.
- Explorer Ranger Program – If you are 18 or older, and the kind of person who never gets tired of learning, then Monocacy National Battlefield has a challenge for you! Become an Explorer Ranger.
You will learn about the cultural and natural history of Monocacy National Battlefield, one of America’s 417 National Parks. Explore the park to learn about the Battle of Monocacy or discover the beauty of nature while hiking a battlefield trail.
- Junior Birder Program – Do you have a little amateur naturalist in your family? We’ve got just the thing for you. Ask for a Junior Birder booklet at the front desk and start discovering the birds of Palo Alto. Be sure to ask about earning a patch for completing the booklet.
- Theodore Roosevelt and His Sagamore Hill Home – Covers general information about TR and is best completed after a tour of the Roosevelt home.
- Theodore Roosevelt Museum History Hunt – Kids complete a scavenger hunt based on the exhibits at the Old Orchard Museum. Ask for the activity at the front desk of the museum.
- The Wonderbook of Nature – Covers the natural setting of Sagamore Hill and requires the close observation of the site’s plants and animals.
Additional Junior Ranger activities may be available based around special exhibits and events. Ask a ranger about special activities in addition to those listed above!
- Bunny Ranger Program (Ages 4-7) – Sagamore Hill also offers a Bunny Ranger activity for children ages 4-7. Ask for the booklet at the Old Orchard Museum and earn a special badge!
Yellowstone National Park (ID MT WY)
- Yellowstone Winter Junior Ranger – Visit Yellowstone in winter and participate in the Junior Ranger program to earn a snowflake patch. Some winter activities require the use of a thermometer and hand lens, so ask to check out a Junior Ranger snowpack. Snowpacks are available at both the Albright and Old Faithful visitor centers, and snowshoes may be checked out at the Albright Visitor Center.