A current membership card from a garden participating in the American Horticultural Society (AHS) Reciprocal Admissions Program (RAP) entitles you to special admission privileges and discounts at over 320 gardens throughout North America!
How to Enjoy the AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program
- We recommend that you call all gardens ahead of time before you plan your visit. Some gardens have exclusions for special events or exhibits, or if you live within 90 miles of the garden*, etc. Each garden has its own unique admissions policies and hours of operation, which is also why we recommend checking ahead of time to get the most up to date information.
- Present your current membership card at the admissions counter or gift shop to receive the RAP benefit(s) listed for that garden. Each card will only admit the individual(s) whose name is listed on the card. In the case of a family, couple, or household membership card that does not list individual names, the garden must extend the benefit(s) to at least two of the members. In this case, it is at the garden’s discretion to extend benefits to more than two individuals. Some gardens may require a photo ID.
- *The 90-mile Exclusion allows gardens to exclude members of other gardens within 90 miles of them from receiving their reciprocal benefit(s) unless the gardens mutually agree to lift the exclusion. For AHS members, the exclusion is based on their home address. Please contact the garden you belong to or the garden you plan to visit to inquire about this guideline.
- Remember that the gardens you visit rely on admissions and donations to maintain their collections and gardens for all to enjoy. Please support them by visiting their gift shops or making a contribution.
- Some gardens included in the RAP Directory have no benefits to reciprocate because they are already free to the public and do not have a membership base. These gardens help to preserve and maintain the Reciprocal Admissions Program through their contribution but they do not share a reciprocal relationship with any of the other gardens listed. Be sure to check each garden’s listing to determine the benefits offered.
Step 1: Check out our list below for informational purposes! Click on the Attraction Name to go directly to their website, or click on the City / State to find other AWESOME family-friendly activities in that area!
Step 3: Support YOUR local, participating AHS-affiliated Gardens by purchasing a Membership Package!
Step 4: Get your Official AHS-affiliated Reciprocal Membership Card and prepare to bring it, along with your photo ID, when you travel!
Step 5: Don’t forget to call ahead to ensure the Gardens you’d like to visit is still currently and actively offering free admission to members of this program. Rules and participation can and will change throughout the year!
Step 6: ENJOY!
Munsinger Gardens – St. Cloud, Minnesota
Powell Gardens – Kingsville, Missouri
SPGFAN FINE PRINT:
We do everything we can to ensure all information provided is current and up-to-date, but details, rules, policies, conditions, schedules, prices, and participation can and do change regularly, and you should ALWAYS contact or consult with each individual attraction to ensure the latest accuracy of details pertinent to your family’s travel needs.
We always do our best, but we cannot be responsible for changes or updates issued by the locations themselves.
Thanks for understanding!
And have fun!