FREE Educational Resources!
Lots of excellent lists are circulating on the internet, but I’ll see if I can put together a few more unique suggestions that might be new and fresh ideas for you!
Most importantly, relax, take a deep breath, enjoy your time together as a family, stay safe, and BE WELL!
The SPGFAN Gang!
PS… The Monterey Bay Aquarium and the National Geographic for Kids stuff is AWESOME! Check them out below!
Monterey Bay Aquarium – Gorgeous Animal Coloring Pages!
University of Georgia Coloring Pages – Color beloved mascot Uga, Quarterback Jake Fromm, and more!
2020 Marine Endangered Species Art Contest (Digital Entries Only)
Met Opera Streaming: Free streaming of the Metropolitan Opera. One performance is streamed a week.
Fitness and Physical Activity
LIVE Fitness for Kids: Fitness activities for kids; accessible from home every day from 10:30-11:15am.
Brownstone Yoga: Free yoga podcast run by Meg Brownstone, a yoga instructor at Rubber Soul Yoga in Athens.
Basic Skills and General Learning
123 Homeschool 4 Me – Over 1,000,000 Printable Worksheets
- Animals A – Z
- Meet the Animals!
- Live WebCams
- Coloring Pages
- Search and Find Posters!
- Sea Otter Puppet
- Lanternfish Activity
- Shark Art
- Penguin Party
- Critter Cards
- K-3 Activities
- Kelp Forest Game and Ebook
- Exhibit Booklets
- Exhibit Activities
- More Curriculum Ideas
NOAA – National Marine Sanctuary Virtual Dives (Can be viewed on PC, Mobile, or VR Devices!)
- Channel Islands with Sea Lions
- American Samoa
- Florida Keys
- Flower Garden Banks
- Gray’s Reef
- Monterey Bay
- Olympic Coast
- Stellwagen Bank
- Thunder Bay
At Home Learning with the USGS – United States Geological Survey
Lawrence Hall of Science AfterSchool KidzScience™ Videos
Download the Kepler Exoplanet Transit Hunt – Kepler Exoplanet Transit Hunt lets you discover a planet by the “transit method” like what the NASA Kepler Mission used: watching a star and hunting for the tiny drops in brightness that happen when the planet passes (transits) in front it! How many properties of the planet do you think you can know just from a few minuscule dips in brightness?
OBIS – Outdoor Biology Instructional Strategies – pdf versions of over 100 Different Hands-On Activities for Exploring Living Things!
Wunderground Weather History – Enter a Date to Explore the Weather on that Day!
Cornell Lab of Ornithology also has a ton of Bird Activities!
- BirdSleuth K-12 English
- Guia para Exploradores Birdsleuth K-12
- Celebrate Urban Birds
- Live Bird Cams
- Project Feeder Watch Interactive Bird ID Chart
- Nest Watch
Lawrence Hall of Science – Science Apps & Activities
- I Got This
- Monster Heart Medic
- Space Chef
- DIY Lake Science
- DIY Human Body
- DIY Sun Science
- DIY Nano and DIY Nano HD
- Octonauts Podcast
- Octonauts Educational Corner
- Hands-On Science with NOAA
- Earth Science Resources
- Life Science Resources
- Physical Science Resources
- Scientific Process Resources
- Sea Turtle Curriculum Pack
- Northern Fur Seal Curriculum Pack
- Killer Whale Curriculum Pack
- Climate Change Curriculum Pack
SEA – Sea Earth Atmosphere
Ocean Exploration Videos and Educational Materials
- Marine Archaeology
- The Arctic
- Seafloor Cold Seeps
- Deep-Sea Canyons
- Deep-Sea Corals
- Mesophotic Corals
- Vents and Volcanoes
- Multimedia Discovery Missions
- Ocean Exploration Facts
- Oil Spills
- Hands-On Science Activities
Teacher at Sea
- Miss Cook’s Voyage on the Ronald H. Brown
- Mrs. Armwood’s Hydrographic Adventure on the NOAA Ship FAIRWEATHER
- Mr. Tanenbaum Explores Atlantic Fisheries on the NOAA Ship Henry B. Bigelow
- Teacher in the Air: Dr. Diane’s Flight with the NOAA Hurricane Hunters
- Discovering Our Ocean and Atmosphere with the NOAA Teacher at Sea Book Series Lesson Plans
- Hawaiian Humpback Whales Activity Book
- Sanctuary Sam the Sea Lion Videos and Games
- Planet Arcade – 24 Online Games
Beetles Science Instruction – Multiple pdf Lesson Plans for a Variety of Activities
- Adaptation Intro Live!
- Argumentation Routine
- Bark Beetle Exploration
- Bird Language Exploration
- Blending In & Standing Out
- Case of the Disappearing Log
- Decomposition Mission
- Discovery Swap
- Discussion Routines
- Double Take
- Exploratory Investigation
- Fire Management Discussion
- Food, Build, Do, Waste
- Fungi Exploration
- Hand Lens Introduction
- How Big & How Far
- I Notice, I wonder, It Reminds Me of
- Interview an Organism
- Lichen Exploration
- Mind Pie
- Moon Balls
- Most Successful Organism Discussion
- Night Hike Scavenger Hunt
- NSI: Nature Scene Investigators
- Related & Different
- Spider Exploration
- Spider Investigation
- Stream Detectives
- Structures & Behaviors
- Walk & Talk
- Whacky Adapty
- What Lives Here?
- What Scientists Do
- You Are What You Eat
The National Center for Quality Afterschool Programs
How To Smile Database of FREE 3500 Science and Math Activities
Missouri Botanical Gardens
Chabot Space & Science Center – Meteorology Lesson Kit
- Clay Houses
- I Know What I Saw Stickers
- Preposterous People Pots
- Story Tiles
- Creature Collages
- Layered Landscapes
- Spooky Sculptures
- Clay Hamburgers
Advanced High School and College Level
MOSAiC: Multidisciplinary Drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate – Remote, Online, and At-Home Polar Climate Learning Resources
Global Systems Science – A Changing Cosmos HOU Astronomy Curriculum
Coursera Class by University of Colorado Boulder – Frozen in the Ice: Exploring the Arctic
COVID-19 Educational Resources
For kids taking an interest in epidemiology – CDC’s Solve the Outbreak Game! – Based on real historic cases, predates the current pandemic.
UC Berkeley – The Science of Covid Educational Resources
Activities That Might Require Purchasing Supplies or Subscriptions
- Sunprint Origami
- Moire Patterns
- Wrinkled Sunprints
- Sunscreen Experiment
- Magnetic Field Prints
- Sun Trail Experiment
- Sunprint Silhouettes
- Fresh Herb Sunprints
- Martha Stewart Style Sunprints
Scholastic Home Base – Activities with Characters from Popular Fiction Books!
- Book 1 The Dragonet Prophecy
- Book 2 The Lost Heir
- Book 3 The Hidden Kingdom
- Book 4 The Dark Secret
- Book 5 The Brightest Night
- Book 6 Moon Rising
- Book 7 Winter Turning
- Book 8 Escaping Peril
- Book 9 Talons of Power
- Book 10 Darkness of Dragons
- Book 11 The Lost Continent
- Book 12 The Hive Queen
- Book 13 The Poison Jungle
- Wings of Fire Boxset Books 1-5
EnchantedLearning.com – $20 annual subscription to access over 35,000 pages of printable worksheets. They are currently offering FREE access for teachers whose schools are closed. Click Here for more information on eligibility.
Explore Your Backyard or the Neighborhood with These Nature Journaling Supplies! Or, Get Creative, and Make Your Own!
- Nature Journal: A Kid’s Nature Journal
- Nature Journal: A Kids Nature Study Journal
- Nature Walk Journal
- The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling
- Exploring Nature Journal for Kids: Observe and Record the Outdoors
- Small Adventures Journal: A Little Field Guide for Big Discoveries in Nature
- Nature Anatomy Notebook: A Place to Track and Draw Your Daily Observations
- Keeping a Nature Journal: Discover a Whole New Way of Seeing the World Around You
- Nature Observer: A Guided Journal
- The Naturalist’s Notebook: An Observation Guide and 5-Year Calendar-Journal for Tracking Changes in the Natural World around You
- My Nature Journal~Kids Nature Log/Nature Draw and Write Journal
- Nature Journal: Kids Nature Journal/Nature Log Activity Book; Fun Nature Drawing And Journaling Workbook For Children
- Backpack Explorer: On the Nature Trail: What Will You Find?
- Exploring Nature Activity Book for Kids: 50 Creative Projects to Spark Curiosity in the Outdoors
You can also check out John Muir Laws to download
- FREE 153 Page pdf version of How to Teach Nature Journaling
- FREE 96 Page pdf version of Nature Journaling Curriculum Version 2.0
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from your purchases at no extra cost to you. These commissions help keep SPGFAN rolling! THANK YOU!!